CapaForce© Matrix sensors from Nanomade
Nanomade’s CapaForce© Matrix sensor is a sensor matrix offering the same MultiPoint functions as a computer TrackPad. Implemented in its KIT version with 4*2 sensors, it combines a capacitive matrix touch device and a matrix force sensing device in a single thin, flexible layer. Each device can be activated (or deactivated) by software in real time, either individually or simultaneously.
Dev Kits CapaForce© Matrix
By combining Touch and Force devices, CapaForce© Matrix can, for example, reject unintentional touch inputs, recognize gestures (e.g. a left-to-right sweeping movement) and detect multi-point support forces.
By using only the Force device, CapaForce© Matrix becomes a deformation sensor for detecting impact on aircraft structures or electronic devices, for example.
Placed under any material (wood, plastic, leather, etc.) and implementable on any 3D shape, CapaForce© Matrix transforms any object into a force-sensitive interface for tactile or deformation applications.
The sensors supplied in the KIT can be used as they are for evaluation purposes, or glued onto an application material to make it tactile or sensitive to deformation.
The CapaForce© Matrix Nanomade Dev Kit contains :
- 4 CapaForce© Matrix sensors : extremely sensitive, thin, flexible sensors to be used as is for evaluation purposes, or to be glued under an object to be functionalized.
- 1 integrated CapaForce© demonstration sensor: single sensor already integrated under a wooden trim panel for evaluation.
- 1 integrated CapaForce© Matrix demo sensor: matrix sensor already integrated under a wooden trim panel for evaluation.
- 1 electronic acquisition card to process the sensor signal and measure the detection and force information to the remote PC application.
- 1 micro-USB cable for connecting the electronic acquisition board to the PC
For more information, see the video Matrix kit demonstration by clicking here.
See also the video Sensor Use Case demonstration – Plane seat Armrest to see a prototype use of the CapaForce© Matrix sensor.